Changing Places - fully accessible toilets

I know it's been a while - but I am trying out not waiting until my blog post is perfect! It never is, therefore it never gets posted!

I've been meaning to get this on my blog for ages. I want to share useful links and campaigns. So here is the first - I have been telling anyone that will listen about the following campaign/service.

Check it out: http://www.changing-places.org/

Changing places is a campaign for fully accessible loos in public places. Imagine going out for the day and being unable to visit the loo until you get home. Liquid limitation = not good. These toilets have an overhead hoist which means us girls can go out and not have to forward plan our pees! (well except planning to be in a location with one of these loos!)

There has been one at the Metrocentre in Gateshead for 2 or 3 years and I only found out about it a few months ago while surfing the web. There is also one at the Trafford Centre. Don't get too excited girls though, I went to the Metrocentre and thought I'd pop in and have a look .... I wasn't allowed to use the facilities until I became a member (the website did tell me this) but I needed ID to become a member!!!!!!!! I was offered a look but had to use the tiny loo next door where you risk knocking your self out on the sink and break all manual handling rules!

They are getting one at Middlesbrough bus station - it's due to open this month YEY! Must remember to carry my passport around with me!

Comments