My faith in humanity restored

Back in July TMDY went to Witton Castle to take part in Laser Battlefield. Prior to this I had had a few unpleasant days due to lots of 'jobsworths' (not naming any names ILF and Motability) consequently leading to lots of crying. On the morning it rained heavily and all looked as bleak as I felt (violins should play now!!!). I have to admit I had never considered the day would turn out to be as fantastic as it did.

We arrived and the sun did not just peak out from behind a cloud ... but burst into the sky and blew the clouds away - it shone like I have never known it shine - are you getting the picture?

Added to this we met some fantastic people who could not do enough to help. I, like I am sure everyone else, felt like any other idiot racing around with guns. Guns that were so heavy that none of us wheelies could lift but that was no barrier. As we were kitted up in the gear the organisers straped guns to chairs wherever necessary, without any fuss. It made a pleasant change! The organisers saw straight past everyones chair - no patronising and more importantly no wrapping in cotton wool (we all signed disclaimers!). I had my faith in humanity restored. I barely noticed the adaptions taking place until I saw the look on Mike's face - grin from ear to ear! He had organised the organisers to strap his gun in a way that with the aid of a camera strap around his wrist and trigger he could fire his gun.

I would thoroughly recommend this activity to anyone - beats the tree house and water fountains at Alnwick hands down and I thought they would be hard to top! I see it as a challenge to search out more exciting activities for us all in TMDY to try out and I know that Mike may no longer be there with us but will be there in spirit at every single one of them.

Let humanity live on!

Comments

Anonymous said…
We should definitely seek more fantastic days out and try to top the day at laser battlefield, which will be difficult I know but that only makes us more determind!!!

:P